The name you clicked on the Ancestry website originates from the dvd Swedish death index 1830-2020 produced by The Federation of Swedish Genealogical Societies. Swedish death index 1830-2020 is available for purchase in the online bookstore www.rotterbokhandeln.se. Buy it today and find out more about the person you are looking for.
About Swedish death index 1830-2020
In total, the database contains approximately 15,4 million records.
Swedish Death Index is one of our most popular databases, both for the novice and the experienced genealogist. The database contains information about population records that have died in Sweden.
Swedish Death Index 8 contains name, date of birth and death, marital status, convocation and address for approximately 15,4 million people 1830–2020.
This has been added since Swedish Death Index 7
- Sorting in three different ways (name, born, dead) and clearer display of dates in the list
- Copy to clipboard provides more data, which can be easily pasted into Excel
- Proper standardization of birth data, which now includes municipality/city with searchability
- Residence data 2016–20 includes districts
- Over 2,2 million brand new items have been added, and tens of thousands of entries have been corrected by volunteers in the project Namn åt de döda (Name for the Dead).
Entries for 2018–2020 are collected from government databases. In collaboration with archives and universities within the scientific project SwedPop, Swedish Death Index has been processed and standardised to be useful for academic research.
System RequirementsPC with Windows 7 or later. Swedish Death Index 8 is not compatible with Mac but can be used through third-party solutions such as CrossOver.
Swedish Death Index 8 1830-2020 is available for usb